Since the start of this century internet has taken over the world anything and everything can be found on the internet through the help of websites and apps. From searching for particular topic to interacting with the authors, from ordering food, clothes, essentials and even cabs everything can be done online. Now you might ask yourself a question that who makes this websites & how are these websites made in a way that they cater to each of our needs in just a click? These websites are made by website developers, yes it’s a job and a really well paying and in demand job. The jobs of web developers is to code for websites using java, python, HTML etc. It’s not an easy job they have to convert the commands they want the computer to do in a language that it understands and coding complex lines and websites takes months of teamwork and dedication. Now there are three types of web development –
- Front end development-
Whatever you see on the website I.e., the design, the menus, the text & the images all re created by front end development. Such developers take the client’s design or drawing and using a series of code help it appear on the website. Front end development is the part that interacts with the customer so it is supposed to be visually appealing. A front end developer mostly uses HTML, java script and CSS to design the outlook of the website.
HTML helps the developers to make the headings, paragraphs and tables for the website.
CSS helps the developer to make the website look more creative by adding colors or changing the fonts of the text.
Java helps in making the more interactive elements like the drop down menus or the buttons.
The job of the front end developer is to –
- Make sure that everything that they put on the website is clear and easily readable. The font and background colors don’t clash and the size of the text fits the screen properly.
- They have to make sure that the final look of the website is as the client wanted it to be, some of the front end developers also have content writing skills which helps them o provide content for the front end of the website.
- All the internal and external links provided in the websites work properly and it is able to connect to the back end and give output.
- Back end development-
Back end developing is a more tiresome process than front end. The developers have to write the code for the whole website to work, for the links to work properly, for the back end to properly coordinate with the front end and give desired results. They have to do all this while keeping in mind to create a clean code that makes sure that the work gets done fast and buffering does not take place. The backend is where all the data is stored and it connects to all the servers, the hosts and the website, developers have t make sure all this runs in coordinated manner without any obstruction.
Back end developers need to use a variety of software’s and programming languages that help them convert normal language in a language that the computer understands. Some of the languages used are python, PHP, ruby etc
A back end developer should be well versed in all these languages; it is very important that he be flexible and meets the needs of the client. The code that he creates should be secure and fast.
- Full stack developer –
A developer who knows and can manage both front end and back end development is a full stack developer. Many small website with not much budgets hire such full stack developers to help them build their website. Full stack developers have to have in depth understanding of both front and back end developing and the skills to manage both. Full stack developers have the following benefits –
- They can create a whole website by themselves. This increases their job opportunities and pay scale.
- They understand both back and front end profoundly and thus can make efficient and proper websites through a one man project.
- Sometimes large companies hire full stack developers to look over projects and direct them. These companies offer more pay scales and help you get far in your career path.
The importance of website development-
- Websites are a source of promotion, they help customers reach you and you reach the customers easily. Nowadays if anyone wants to buy anything they first search it on the internet and if your website is successful in grabbing their attention than congrats! You just made another sale. Websites like Amazon or flipkart make millions of sales daily because of their interactive website surface and proper customer service. Making a website about your products helps put them in the lime light and promotes them through various platforms. Customers that had not known about the existence of your product now are buying it and recommending it to other potential buyers.
- Websites help small business and shops take large steps. It increases their sale and productions profoundly. It promotes them, advertises them, and puts them on the global market and in front of the customers.
- You need website developers as they know the ongoing trends and updates. Since the internet is always changing so are the trends and developers helping you by keeping in touch with it. If your website is old fashioned and not up to the mark than you may lose many customers. Developers help you take away such problems and instead help increase customers interests.
- Websites help in giving your brand a worldwide name. Your company or business can reach international levels with the help of websites this obviously will increase your profits but will help you take a place in the international market.
- Shops close at night but a website is open 24/7. The customers can order anything at any time they want. you will earn money even when you are sleeping
- Websites can have live chat boxes or a section of FAQs that help solve the customer quires at any point of the time. You can even put your contact info for the customer to contact you.
- Having your own website helps you put any price you want and any sales or discounts you think are necessary.
Many businesses are growing everyday and so is the competition in the market. Having a website and a developer help you take a step up in the direction of success. At a small cost you can have your website promoting, selling and increasing your product value.